USA Student Information
By applying to Providence, you’ve demonstrated that you are ready for an education that integrates faith and learning. You’ll learn in a diverse community where students from outside of Canada represent 18 percent of our student population. Providence is accredited by United States-based accrediting organizations, which means the degree you earn will have value in the world. Our location is just one-hour north of the Canada/USA border which will make it easy for you to return to the US for holidays and other breaks.
Do you still need to apply to Providence? Let’s get started.
We’re Here for You
This USA student-focused information should provide the answers to the questions you have. If we can be of further assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-668-7768. We’ll be here to support you — now and in the future.
Have mail to send to us? Please feel free to use our American postal address:
P.O. Box 129
Find Your Program
Providence will help you discover your program so that you can use your unique talents and skills for serving others in your future career.
Grow Closer to God
You’ll deepen your faith through Christ-centred courses, Bible studies, prayer groups and interactions with Christian mentors and students.
As an American, your cost to attend Providence is significantly lower than comparable schools in the US. Learn More
University College Entrance Requirements
A completed Grade 12 high school certificate with at least five university preparatory credits (academic subjects). Currently, ACT/SAT scores are not required for entrance. However, you are welcome to include them with your application
University College Application Checklist
- Complete the online application (including the non-refundable $150 CAD application fee, digital photo, and essay).
- To begin your application, click on the following link – University College Undergraduate Application Form
- Submit official high school transcripts either by mail or by email (directly from your high school)
Seminary Entrance Requirements
Seminary Application Checklist
Click here to view what documents are required to submit an application (see under Application Checklist on the Seminary Admissions webpage)
Arrival & Orientation
In some cases because of scheduling conflicts, another Providence representative may pick you up. Please note that there is no bus or train service to the Providence campus.
- International Student Arrival Dates: There are set days for international students to arrive. If you arrive on the allotted International Student Arrival Dates, you will not be charged for pick up.
- International Student Orientation Days: Check the Providence Important Dates for orientation dates. All international students, including USA students, are required to attend. During orientation you will learn about Canada, As an international student, you will be introduced to Canada, the Province of Manitoba and Providence. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you miss orientation you will be charged $325.00 to cover the costs for personal orientation.
If you stay in residence during orientation the cost is $35 per day for room and meals until the residences officially open and your meal plan starts.
What to Expect at the Border
Coming into Canada from the USA begins with a stop at a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) port of entry. Planning ahead will ensure you have a worry-free border crossing. When entering Canada, you must show Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant documents, such as a passport book or passport card. If you are a permanent resident of the US you must show your Permanent Resident Card (green card).
Make sure you have all your important documents before you come to Providence. Students coming to Providence need a study permit and may need other work permits, transit visas, and a social insurance number. Learn More
Driving in Canada
Due to the recent decision on the part of Manitoba Health to rescind free International Student Medical Insurance, Providence will work hard to have affordable options for International students and their families available.
To learn more, contact our International Student Services Coordinator.