Providence University College & Theological Seminary proudly conferred Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor’s Degrees, Graduate and Undergraduate Certificates and Diplomas upon 175 students over five days of graduation exercises on the Otterburne campus last week.
On Wednesday, April 18, Mile Two Discipleship School celebrated 11 graduates from its fourth cohort, bringing to a close the immersive, eight-month program that took students through the Bible in detailed study, into out-of-classroom environments such as service placements and on a tour of Israel and Palestine.
Forty-three students received TESOL Certificates during a morning ceremony on Friday, April 20. The size of the graduating class underlined the popularity of the program and the need for English teachers around the world. Many of the graduates were unable to attend the function as they were already working in the field.
Following Friday’s Seminary Banquet, 41 students graduated with Master of Arts degrees during a Saturday morning ceremony in the Jubilee Auditorium. Thirty-two of them attained either their Master of Arts in Counselling or Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology. Two received their Doctor of Ministry designations.
Finally, the week wrapped up on Sunday, April 22, which began with the annual Baccalaureate Service. After lunch, 49 Providence University College students graduated with Bachelor’s degrees, six of which were Bachelor of Business Administration degrees, obtained through the Providence-based Buller School of Business.
Both the Seminary and University College ceremonies also featured a video showcasing Rev. Dr. Samson Hkalam, the institution’s honorary doctorate recipient for 2018.
• 175 Providence University College & Theological Seminary graduates
• 2 Doctor of Ministry degrees conferred
• 44 Master of Arts degrees conferred
• 32 Master of Arts degrees conferred in Counselling and Counselling Psychology
• 45 Bachelor of Arts degrees conferred
• 6 Bachelor of Business Administration degrees conferred
• 43 TESOL Certificates attained
• 10 Diplomas in Biblical Counselling attained by 9 Finland-based students and 1 Greenland-based student through a Providence program offered in Finland
• Rev. Dr. Samson Hkalam, the top administrator of a 400,000-member Christian denomination in northeast Myanmar, recognized with an honorary Doctor of Divinity
Download the full 2018 Graduation Program!
Enjoy these 2018 Graduation stories:
VIDEO: Honorary Doctorate recipient trains Christian leaders and works for peace in Myanmar
University College Alumni of the Year has served Manitoba youth for 40 years
Seminary Alumni of the Year has used Counselling education to shape his business
Distinguished Christian Leadership Award-winner continues to work with prisoners and their families
University College grads excelled at music, sports and participating in community
Laura Vander Velden completing second Providence degree through Alberta distance program
Seminary graduate, husband and father Dion Gingerich has “deep desire” to serve the church
Academic achievement and leadership recognized at Providence Faculty Awards Lunch
Providence student-athletes honoured at annual Pilots Awards Banquet