PROVF Talks has become one of the most highly anticipated events of Providence University College & Theological Seminary’s public scholarship calendar.
On Thursday, November 30 the 2017 installment of the bite-sized, TED Talk-style lectures was presented to students, staff, fellow faculty and friends of Providence. Topics included marriage, biblical interpretation, scientific observation, musical composition and the pro-life/pro-choice debate, among others.
Click the links below to watch the lectures in their entirety:
- “Perfectly Poised for Scientific Observation” – Rebecca Dielschneider
- “Producing Music for the Community in Academia” – Michalis Andronikou
- “Beyond the Pro-Life Versus Pro-Choice Debate” – Randall Holm
- “Chicken or Egg” Social Change, Language Change and the Divine Feminine” – Val Hiebert
- “Sense and Sense Ability: The Sensual and the Sensible” – Dennis Hiebert
- “For This Reason. For What Reason? Marriage in Genesis 2” – Ed Neufeld
- “I Interpret the Bible Literally, Sometimes” – Patrick Franklin
- “Same-Sex Marriage is Like a Subway Sandwich” – Hendrik van der Breggen